A Gentle + Classical Autumn is a 4-unit exploration into historical holidays celebrated (in the US) in October and November, alongside a celebration of the changing seasons and all that nature has in store for us during this magical time of year.
Who is it for?
This guide and the included activities have been created for children in Kindergarten-4th Grade. However, we include books and crafts that are easily modifiable for slightly younger and slightly older children, so that the whole family can enjoy this celebration together.
This guide includes statements at two different levels to bridge this age span.
NOTE: IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED OUR FALL/THANKSGIVING UNIT STUDY A FEW YEARS AGO, YOU CAN FIND THE UPDATED FILES AT YOUR ORIGINAL DOWNLOAD LINK OR EMAIL FOR SUPPORT.
This product includes a few files: A GUIDE to walk through the 4 units, a PRINTABLES file that includes all the poetry, templates, and memory statement cards, a CALENDAR and COPYWORK file, plus the bonus scavenger hunts, puzzles, matching games, etc.
All in all, you'll find:
- Historical Topics Covered: Native Americans, Columbus and Explorers, The Reformation, and Thanksgiving
- Nature Topics Covered: Changing Leaves, Apples/Johnny Appleseed, Pumpkins, and Harvest
- Handicrafts Include: Beaded Leaves, Reformation Celebration, Corn Husk Dolls, String Art
- Each unit also includes: Family-style liturgical prayer, virtue memory statement, scripture recitation, TWO levels of memory statements for nature topics and history topics, a six-day schedule, bonus book list, acts of kindness, audiobook or audio-drama suggestions, and poetry
Digital-Only BONUS Files!
- 2022 October & November Planning Calendar
- Nature-Inspired Scavenger Hunts
- Counting Skills
- Beginning Letter Sounds
- Matching Games
- Fine Motor Skills (several lacing cards)
- Coloring Pages
- Color Review
- Copywork (no script font included)
- Book List, Supplies, Sample
Click here to download the current sample that includes the book list and supply list. The handicraft supply list will be completed and available as soon as possible.