The Gentle + Classical Preschool 2nd edition was designed with your child's development and natural rhythms in mind. It was created for parents who want to provide structure, focus on character development and faith, and add intention into their child's preschool years.
Who's it for?
This program is for children ages 2, 3, or 4 years. It is a precursor to Gentle + Classical Primer which is a Kindergarten/1st Grade Program. Choose Preschool for your child who is under the age of 5 and for who you are not yet ready to begin Kindergarten. You will find that there is a distinction inside of Preschool for children under 3 and children over 3 so that those age groups can have what's they each need.
The Gentle + Classical Preschool Bundle includes the following items, created to make implementation easy and joyful! PLEASE NOTE THE PHYSICAL DELIVERY SPECIFICATIONS AT THE END OF EACH PRODUCT DESCRIPTION.
- The Gentle + Classical Preschool Teacher's Guide (85 pages of encouragement, philosophy, and the content covered over 26 letter-themed units) Physical delivery: full color, wire-o bound
- Preschool Handicraft + Activity Guide (200 pages of guided, detailed instruction in implementing the 26 units outlined in the Teacher's Guide, including handicraft/activity instructions, expanded book lists, science activities, literacy expectations, and weekly schedules for all 26 units) Physical delivery: full color, wire-o bound
- Preschool Art + Music Pack (40 pages of art instruction guidance, a plan for enjoying Peter and the Wolf, art prints for the 13 artist study units from da Vinci, Matisse, and Van Gogh, and a storyboard for Peter and the Wolf to encourage play narration and engagement) Physical delivery: full color, unbound
- Preschool Morning Binder (114 pages that include daily calendar, weather, and emotional review + ABC, 123, shape, and color practice) Physical delivery: 98 pages, full color, unbound
- Memory Statement Cards (approximately 110 pages of memory statement cards for reciting and displaying our statements from: scripture, character + catechism, manners + hygiene, math, wonder tales + poetry, nursery rhyme, all about me) Physical delivery: full color, heavy satin paper, cut
- ABC + 123 Flashcards (A-Z uppercase and 1-10 vintage-themed flashcards for providing realistic, beautiful illustrations for each letter and number scheduled through the program) Physical delivery: full color, heavy satin paper, cut
- Character Statement Songs: These mp4 and m4a files are found in the dropbox file along with your printables. They can be listened to in Dropbox or downloaded to your device. These are simple tunes to help make practicing each term's virtue enjoyable and memorable.
- Scheduled BOOKS are NOT included in this bundle or with any G+C product or bundle.
- ***DIGITAL ONLY BONUS- these items are NOT PRINTED for the physical delivery bundle: Nature Memory Statement Cards (add additional nature-focused science instruction using these 18 cards along with the book list provided in the free Nature Teacher's Guide which is found free at ShopGentleClassical.com)
- ***DIGITAL ONLY BONUS- these items are NOT PRINTED for the physical delivery bundle: 1-10 Watercolor Number Flashcards + Additional Vintage ABC Flashcards (These two sets give additional options for number recognition and for including upper and lowercase letters in your review)
Teacher's Guide + Books + Sample
The Teacher's Guide to The Gentle + Classical Preschool is completely FREE for PDF download. It's highly suggested that you download and read through it first before making any purchases. You will find a detailed book list included in the Teacher's Guide.
You can also download the Book List HERE. You can download the Supply List for the Handicraft + Activity Guide HERE. You can download a SAMPLE for the Handicraft + Activity Guide HERE.
First Edition vs Second Edition
Wondering about the difference between the "old" (1st) edition of Preschool and this new, 2nd edition of Preschool? You can view a chart comparing the contents of the Teacher's Guide and the Bundle HERE. The first edition is no longer available to purchase or download. Those who previously downloaded the 1st edition bundle will continue to have access to their purchase through their original download link. They are also able to request a refresh on that link or a replacement if the link is lost. Thank you!
Important Physical Delivery Notes
Note about the Physical Delivery Preschool Morning Binder: The Preschool Morning Binder in PRINT is only 97 pages long and EXCLUDES the ten-frames and "fish pond" associated with Preschool Math at Home as well as alternative options to the first (name/emotions) page. However, all print orders ALSO RECEIVE the digital download so you can print those optional pages if needed at home.
NO LITERATURE/BOOKS OR MENU COVERS ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR ORDER.
Egh not the best there are so many better options on TPT for a lot less! My 2yrold completed all the pages in a couple days. No lower case letters in the morning binder. I was hoping this would last the year for my daughter not 2 days! I know you could laminate and use again, but the content was not good enough to want to use again. Just so many better options. I did like the art style of the pages though.
Sorry that you felt this way! When we receive reviews like this, we feel pretty certain that the purchaser did not invest the time up front in reading the FREE teacher's guide and making an educated decision for their family about whether G+C is a good fit for them. We are grateful thousands of families don't share your sentiments, but we deeply hope you find a program that works better for your preferences and family.
The GCP1 curriculum is fantastic, and this bundle is priceless. Truthfully, I bought it mainly because of the beautiful ABC and number flashcards :) but there are SO many resources. Hanging up the themes for each week help keep us on track, and the worksheets are wonderful complements. My 3 yo LOVES the rainbow writing. I love how the themes provide more than enough to work on, but are very flexible and adaptable to different ages and needs. So happy with this curriculum and bundle! Zero issues with printing at home.
I was nervous about homeschooling but this program is so great in how everything is done for you! All I had to do was gather supplies. My kids love learning and are memorizing and learning so quickly! I am so glad I found this great program!
I was first drawn to this program due to its aesthetically pleasing vintage looking flashcards, however, I quickly fell in love with the core of the curriculum! It's a gentle, natural way of introducing information that young children should learn. My little one (4) has had no "formal" preschool prior to this program. I love how the curriculum introduces math, science, social, character, scriptures, nursery rhymes to name a few, in ways that are natural to daily life. The bundle was worth it, having all the resources at hand makes it easier for me to plan for each unit. I used a laser printer and the pictures turned out just fine, used lots of ink but that's to be expected when printing an entire curriculum. Wish I would have had this for my other children when they were younger.
I was feeling very overwhelmed with the idea of homeschool, but this makes it so doable and enjoyable!