Morning Virtues is a virtue-themed, bimonthly volume, designed for families with children 1st grade and up. This family-style program has been lovingly designed by The Gentle + Classical Press, Meaningful Menus, and Rooted Childhood.
What is it?
Need the *perfect* Morning Time plan? One that's not too overwhelming but not too rigid either?
There are so many "morning time" or "morning basket" plans available to homeschoolers right now that it can be really overwhelming. Three of your favorites shops have joined together to simplify the overwhelm and bring you exactly what you need for a great Charlotte Mason/Classical-inspired family collective for all of your students, first grade through high school!
Through the convenience of Morning Virtues, you'll find that:
1) Children that span 6-18 years can enjoy and benefit from the same beautiful and wholesome living read-alouds.
2) First graders can learn just as much about amazing artists and composers as their older siblings.
3) You only have to follow the convenient schedule to enjoy looping two read-alouds and artist/composer study.
4) The included menus and memory statement cards provide opportunities for all of your children to memorize the same portions of scripture and catechisms but in the right size "chunk" and in the proper format for their age and reading (or pre-reading) ability.
5) A broad age span can all enjoy handicrafts together with small modifications.
6) Your family can grow in beauty, connection, and character through 30-45 minutes together each day.
The included schedule allows for:
Who is it for?
This program is for families with children first grade and older. An additional book menu is included to add further reading options for various ages as well.
In the Courage volume of Morning Virtues, you'll find the following content:
- Hymn: "How Firm a Foundation"
- Bible Reading + Catechism: Book of Joshua
- Scheduled Read-Alouds: The Sign of the Beaver and The Hundred Dresses
- Artist Study: Renoir
- Composer Study: Beethoven
- Scripture: Psalm 27
- Poem: "See It Through" (Guest)
- Folk Song: "How Can I Keep From Singing"
- Handicrafts: Macrame and Raft-Making
- Sonnet: by James Weldon Johnson
- Manners + Hygiene: Courage and Flag Etiquette
- Memory Statement Cards: Scripture, Catechism, Manners + Hygiene, Virtue
- Short Story: "Knots of Courage" by Meghann Dibrell
- NO BOOKS/LITERATURE or MENU COVERS ARE INCLUDED
Digital or Physical Delivery?
The DIGITAL volume is emailed to you via dropbox. You will need to print these items at home or through your preferred printer and will receive NO items in the mail.
The Physical Delivery option includes digital files as well, in the event you need to print additional copies at home. The Physical Delivery option includes:
- 1 copy of the Morning Virtues guide (saddle-stitched, full color)
- 1 set of art prints (4 prints) (8.5x10.75", full color, heavy satin paper)
- 1 Meaningful Virtues Menu (8.5x10.75", full color, heavy satin paper; slides easily into menu covers *not included)
- 1 set of Memory Statement Cards *uncut (8.5x10.75", full color, heavy satin paper)
- NO BOOKS/LITERATURE or MENU COVERS ARE INCLUDED
More from Rooted Childhood and Meaningful Menus
Meghann from RootedChildhood.com and Ashley from ShopMeaningfulMenus.com are two of the most talented small shop creators you'll find in the Charlotte Mason homeschool space!
- Meghann has created a variety of collections that feature beautiful, attainable handicrafts that always incorporate literature, story-telling, and poetry. If you are using Primer, you'll 100% love her coordinating Storybook Soiree Collection. Find her shop HERE.
- Ashley is the skill and brains behind the thoughtfully and beautifully curated Meaningful Menus. She has a variety of menu collections if you love the one found in Morning Virtues. She also offers a menu specific to Gentle + Classical Primer. You can find her shop HERE.
We are on our third virtue for the year. They are just as beneficial to myself as they are to my kids. The nine year old girl loves the art and music integrated and hangs on every word. This has also
been a blessing in helping her become more comfortable reciting and memorizing. The four year old boy of course will not sit still through it all. Lol. But even just in the room playing while we read aloud, he chimes in with questions everyday. So he is picking up on important notes and stories. He is also quick to recite verses and affirmations provided as well! A great way to get him speaking above level!
We tried out this Courage virtue set this summer, and we really enjoyed it as a family. It was appropriate for my incoming 1st and 2nd graders, and they loved it! We are planning to use another one soon! Thank you so much for creating these and offering this one free to try out!
Morning Virtues is the key to a smooth and successful morning time for us! Everything is so well thought out, and all the pieces are there. It makes it so easy to provide the riches for my children, and we have enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you!!
Morning Virtues: Courage has been a blessing to our home. My children (6 and younger) have thoroughly enjoyed studying Joshua, reading Sign of the Beaver and the 100 Dresses, and learning about Renoir and Beethoven. I purchased the print edition- the artwork is beautiful and everything is printed on high quality paper. We have always tried to have a family virtue/value that we are focusing on, and this makes it so easy. Because my children are so young, we spread the 28 day schedule out over 2 months, and it is perfect. I especially like the affirmation and memory statements that are included as well. We have the courage affirmation taped to a mirror, and my 6 year old reads it aloud each night. My younger children have even memorized "courage means I do what I should even when I am scared." I am looking forward to purchasing Gratitude next. Thank you Erin and everyone who collaborated on this beautiful project.
Beautifully done! It's exactly what we needed; the perfect mix and composition for our morning routine! We love the theme, the content, the booklist, and the pace. We opted to stretch it over a portion of our 1st Term (10 weeks). Definitely looking forward to the future releases! Would love to use them for our 2nd and 3rd terms as well!! (Using with my 8yr old son, 3rd Grade)