Morning Virtues is a virtue-themed, bimonthly volume, designed for families with children 1st grade children, and up. This family-style program has been lovingly designed by The Gentle + Classical Press, Meaningful Menus, and Rooted Childhood.
In this special 3-issue bundle, grab three available issues of Morning Virtues at a special price!
What is it?
Need the *perfect* Morning Time plan? One that's not too overwhelming but not too rigid either?
There are so many "morning time" or "morning basket" plans available to homeschoolers right now that it can be really overwhelming. Three of your favorites shops have joined together to simplify the overwhelm and bring you exactly what you need for a great Charlotte Mason/Classical-inspired family collective for all of your students, first grade through high school!
Through the convenience of Morning Virtues, you'll find that:
1) Children that span 6-18 years can enjoy and benefit from the same beautiful and wholesome living read-alouds.
2) First graders can learn just as much about amazing artists and composers as their older siblings.
3) You only have to follow the convenient schedule to enjoy looping two read-alouds and artist/composer study.
4) The included menus and memory statement cards provide opportunities for all of your children to memorize the same portions of scripture and catechisms but in the right size "chunk" and in the proper format for their age and reading (or pre-reading) ability.
5) A broad age span can all enjoy handicrafts together with small modifications.
6) Your family can grow in beauty, connection, and character through 30-45 minutes together each day.
The included schedule allows for:
Who is it for?
This program is for families with children first grade and older. An additional book menu is included to add further reading options for various ages as well.
In the Kindness volume of Morning Virtues, you'll find the following content:
- Hymn: In Loving-Kindness Jesus Came
- Bible Reading + Catechism: Judges & Ruth (Alternate to Judges: 1 John)
- Scheduled Read-Alouds: The Silver Balloon by Susan Bonners and A Place to Hang the Moon by Kate Albus
- Artist Study: Carl Larsson
- Composer Study: Robert Schumann
- Scripture: Colossians 3:12-17
- Poem: Kind Words by Daniel Clement Colesworthy
- Sonnet: All That Matters by Edgar Guest
- Folk Song: Free Little Bird
- Handicrafts: Golden Thread Weaving & Seed Paper Hearts
- Manners + Hygiene: Stewardship of Finances
- Memory Statement Cards
- Short Story: "Kind William the Weaver"
In the HOPE volume of Morning Virtues, you'll find the following content:
- Hymn: My Hope is Built on Nothing Less
- Bible Reading + Catechism: Romans
Scheduled Read-Alouds: Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter and Finding Langston by Lesa Cline-Ransome
- Artist Study: Winslow Homer
- Composer Study: Florence Price
- Scripture: Romans 8:24-27
- Poem: Hope is the Thing with Feathers (Dickinson) & To Hope (Smith)
- Folk Song: Down in the River
- Handicrafts: Paper Doves & Rainbow Wall Hanging
- Manners + Hygiene: Stewardship of Nature
- Memory Statement Cards
- Short Story: People Who Could Fly (African-American Folktale)
In the Creativity volume of Morning Virtues, you'll find the following content:
- Hymn: Take My Life & Let it Be
- Bible Reading + Catechism: Genesis
Scheduled Read-Alouds: Faerie Gold by Classics for Young Readers and The Story of George Washington Carver by Eva Moore
- Artist Study: Giuseppe Arcimboldo
- Composer Study: John Philip Sousa
- Scripture: Genesis 1:1-5 and Ephesians 2:8-10
- Poem: Little Things by Julia A. Carney
- Folk Song: Simple Gifts
- Handicrafts: Clay Fairy Houses and Chalk Pastel Wall Art
- Manners + Hygiene: Stewardship of Creative Abilities
- Memory Statement Cards: Scripture, Catechism, Virtue, and Manners/Hygiene
- Short Story: Pumpkin in a Jar by Dean S. Fansler
NO BOOKS/LITERATURE or MENU COVERS ARE INCLUDED
Digital or Physical Delivery?
The DIGITAL volume is emailed to you via dropbox. You will need to print these items at home or through your preferred printer and will receive NO items in the mail.
The Physical Delivery option includes digital files as well, in the event you need to print additional copies at home. The Physical Delivery option includes:
- 1 copy of the THREE Morning Virtues guide (saddle-stitched, full color)
- 1 set of art prints (4 prints) (8.5x10.75", full color, heavy satin paper) PER ISSUE
- 1 Meaningful Virtues Menu (8.5x10.75", full color, heavy satin paper; slides easily into menu covers *not included) PER ISSUE
- 1 set of Memory Statement Cards *uncut (8.5x10.75", full color, heavy satin paper) PER ISSUE
- NO BOOKS/LITERATURE or MENU COVERS ARE INCLUDED
More from Rooted Childhood and Meaningful Menus
Meghann from RootedChildhood.com and Ashley from ShopMeaningfulMenus.com are two of the most talented small shop creators you'll find in the Charlotte Mason homeschool space!
- Meghann has created a variety of collections that feature beautiful, attainable handicrafts that always incorporate literature, story-telling, and poetry. If you are using Primer, you'll 100% love her coordinating Storybook Soiree Collection. Find her shop HERE.
- Ashley is the skill and brains behind the thoughtfully and beautifully curated Meaningful Menus. She has a variety of menu collections if you love the one found in Morning Virtues. She also offers a menu specific to Gentle + Classical Primer. You can find her shop HERE.