Welcome to Volume 4! This volume is all about new beginnings. The hymn (Christian Edition only) is Be Thou My Vision, a favorite for starting new things. This volume's folk song celebrates Ontario, Canada with a fun-to-sing tune that is full of hope for the future. The secular version includes a beautiful folk song called the Canadian Boat Song, and a list of the Canadian Provinces and Territories to go along with it in the new memory work page.
Volumes do not need to be used in order - choose one that you think your family would enjoy and start there.
Who's it for?
Meaningful Menus have been curated and designed to bring beauty into your family's daily gathering time (or morning basket time), with all ages in mind. The poetry, scripture memory, hymns, folk songs, and affirmations are encouraging and instructive to family members ages 2-102.
Christian Edition Includes:
- Charlotte Mason's Motto Christian Affirmation (I am, I can, I ought, I will)
- Scripture Verses: Psalm 133 NIV
- Hymn: Be Thou My Vision (This is our favorite version to sing along with. It's a guitar tutorial, but he sings from 1:17-4:50)
- Poem: Trees by Sara Coleridge
- Folk Song: A Place to Stand, a Place to Grow (Ontario)
- Shakespeare: Sonnet 65
Secular Edition Includes: