On Mission is a quarterly magazine that engages children preschool through upper elementary with a cultural feast for their minds and hearts. Through beautiful images, living books, engaging activities, simple handicrafts, hands-on projects, stimulating challenges, interesting stories, and wise discipleship, our children are introduced to countries and cultures in a gentle and classical way.
Who is it for?
This program was created to be visually intriguing enough for your K4 students while academically challenging and interesting enough for your 6th-grade students. It truly integrates many ages into culture, geography, and missions studies!
What's included in this issue?
This 60-page issue of On Mission features the beautiful country of Madagascar. This robust guide will help your family stay connected and learning about God's World all around them!
In this issue we cover/include:
- Living Book List
- Guidance on scheduling and planning
- Modern Missionary Challenges
- Current Missionary Efforts in Madagascar
- David Jones and the London Missionary Society
- History of Madagascar
- Geography terms
- Geography of Southern Africa
- Madagascar Pochard, Lemurs, Fossa, and Comet Moths
- Music and Art Traditions of Madagascar
- Vanilla Trade of Madagascar
- Everyday Malagasy Terms
- Daily Life like housing, schools, clothing, and games
- Day in the Life of a Safari Guide
- Special Features on: Biodiversity, Mining, and Ethnic Groups
- Food Parade
- 12-Unit Student Notebook
In the Additional Resources file that is emailed to you, you'll find a printable Student Notebook, maps, flashcards, paper dolls, memory statement cards, and a passport activity.
Print vs Digital?
- In the digital option, both the 60-page magazine PLUS the additional files (like maps and paper dolls) are all delivered to you via a DropBox link with password. You will receive NO print product in the mail.
- In the PRINT MAGAZINE option, you receive a 60-page magazine delivered to your door. You also receive access to the digital version of the magazine alongside the additional printable files to print/use as you see fit.
- In the PRINT MAGAZINE + (#) STUDENT NOTEBOOK + 1 Card Set Options, you receive the 60-page printed magazine PLUS a staple-bound, 52 page Student Notebook, and 15-page printed Card Set. DETAILS BELOW.
- In the Student Notebook ONLY and Card Set ONLY Options, you will only receive the printed student notebook or card set as described in the next section. NO MAGAZINE IS INCLUDED.
NOTE: The magazine portion of this program is extremely ink-intensive. You'll likely save money to purchase print :)
What's in the Student Notebook + Card Set?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find a detailed FAQ on this page.