Have you struggled to bring the virtuous lessons you're working to lead your children in under submission in your own heart? Have you struggled to stay focused during your quiet time with the Lord?
Struggling to make time, then knowing best how to spend it, is something many of us face. We know quiet time with our Father is the most important part of our day, but sleep deprivation, seasons of overwhelm, physical sickness, emotional struggles, and even hormones can cause what should be a stress-free, life-giving, joyful task to feel intimidating, scattered, or misspent.
Nothing can replace the word of God or honest, direct prayer with our Heavenly Father. But sometimes we need some structure and direction.
Meaningful Motherhood volumes were created to help us develop virtue in our own hearts, take our thoughts captive, and give us an easy way to get into the Word and enjoy the Spirit of God without complication or overwhelm.
Volumes do not need to be used in order - choose one that you think you will enjoy and start there.
Who's it for?
Meaningful Motherhood is for all mothers, in all stages, who want a fresh approach to quiet time that doesn't replace their existing Bible study, but adds a little mother culture and virtue-focus along the way.
In the Anxious for Nothing Volume of Meaningful Motherhood, you'll find:
- Motherhood affirmation in the style of the Charlotte Mason motto (I am, I can, I ought, I will)
- Hymn: Be Still, My Soul by Katharina A. von Schlegel (sheet music included)
- Motherhood Catechism: Where should my hope rest when I am afraid? Will my journey as a mother be easy if I do all the right things?
- Meaningful quotes by Cindy Rollins and Maya Angelou
- Scriptural Encouragement (or Memory Verses): John 14:27, Hebrews 13:6, Matthew 6:34, Proverbs 12:25, 1 Peter 5:10, Romans 8:38-39, Matthew 5:3-16 (various translations)
- Poem: The Courage My Mother Had by Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Motherhood Liturgy