Have you struggled to bring the virtuous lessons you're working to lead your children in under submission in your own heart? Have you struggled to stay focused during your quiet time with the Lord?
Struggling to make time, then knowing best how to spend it, is something many of us face. We know quiet time with our Father is the most important part of our day, but sleep deprivation, seasons of overwhelm, physical sickness, emotional struggles, and even hormones can cause what should be a stress-free, life-giving, joyful task to feel intimidating, scattered, or misspent.
Nothing can replace the word of God or honest, direct prayer with our Heavenly Father. But sometimes we need some structure and direction.
Meaningful Motherhood volumes were created to help us develop virtue in our own hearts, take our thoughts captive, and give us an easy way to get into the Word and enjoy the Spirit of God without complication or overwhelm.
Volumes do not need to be used in order - choose one that you think you will enjoy and start there.
Who's it for?
Meaningful Motherhood is for all mothers, in all stages, who want a fresh approach to quiet time that doesn't replace their existing Bible study, but adds a little mother culture and virtue-focus along the way.
In the Calling Volume of Meaningful Motherhood, you'll find:
- Motherhood affirmation in the style of the Charlotte Mason motto (I am, I can, I ought, I will)
- Hymn: Breath on Me, Breath of God by Edwin Hatch (sheet music included)
- Motherhood Catechism: Why did God create me? How do I glorify God as a mother?
- Meaningful quotes by Longfellow
- Scriptural Encouragement (or Memory Verses): Micah 6:8, 1 Corinthians 7;17, Ephesians 4:1-6, Deuteronomy 6:6-7. Proverbs 31:10-31 (various translations)
- Poem: Rock Me to Sleep by Elizabeth Akers Allen
- Motherhood Liturgy