On Mission is a quarterly magazine that engages children preschool through upper elementary with a cultural feast for their minds and hearts. Through beautiful images, living books, engaging activities, simple handicrafts, hands-on projects, stimulating challenges, interesting stories, and wise discipleship, our children are introduced to countries and cultures in a gentle and classical way.
Who is it for?
This program was created to be visually intriguing enough for your K4 students while academically challenging and interesting enough for your 6th-grade students. It truly integrates many ages into culture, geography, and missions studies!
What's included in this issue?
This 52-page issue of On Mission features the beautiful country of Brazil. This robust guide will help your family stay connected and learning about God's World all around them!
In this issue we cover/include:
- Living Book List
- Guidance on scheduling and planning
- Challenges to sharing the Gospel in Brazil
- Understanding how Worldview Impacts the Gospel Message
- Free Co-Op Planning Schedules
- Various activities and math challenges related to the Netherlands
- Elka of the Wai Wai People
- Geography: plateau, rainforest, tributary, highlands, tropics
- Geography of South America
- Creature Feature: Giant Anteater
- History of Brazil (full and action-packed!)
- Traditional Brazilian Music & Art
- Special Feature: Rainforests
- Sugar Farming & Processing
- Portuguese Terms
- Daily Life like housing, schools, clothing and games
- Foods from Brazil
- Raffia Medallion Handicraft
In the Additional Resources Printables file that is emailed to you, you'll find maps, activities, flashcards, paper dolls, memory statement cards, and a passport activity.
Print vs Digital?
In the digital option, both the 52-page magazine PLUS the additional files (like maps and paper dolls) are all delivered to you via a DropBox link with password. You will receive NO print product in the mail.
In the PRINT option, you receive a 52-page magazine delivered to your door with free shipping. You also receive access to the digital version of the magazine alongside the additional printable files to use as you see fit.
NOTE: The magazine portion of this program is extremely ink-intensive. You'll likely save money to purchase print :)
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find a detailed FAQ on this page.