IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED OUR FALL/THANKSGIVING UNIT STUDY, YOU CAN FIND THE UPDATED FILES AT YOUR ORIGINAL DOWNLOAD LINK OR EMAIL FOR SUPPORT.
A Gentle + Classical Autumn is a 4-unit exploration into historical holidays celebrated (in the US) in October and November, alongside a celebration of the changing seasons and all that nature has in store for us during this magical time of year.
Who is it for?
This guide and the included activities have been created for children in Kindergarten-4th Grade. However, we include books and crafts that are easily modifiable for slightly younger and slightly older children, so that the whole family can enjoy this celebration together.
This product includes two files: A GUIDE to walk through the 4 units plus a printable back that includes templates, copywork, and activities.
All in all, you'll find:
- Historical Topics Covered: Native Americans, Columbus and Explorers, The Reformation, and Thanksgiving
- Nature Topics Covered: Changing Leaves, Apples/Johnny Appleseed, Pumpkins, and Harvest
- Handicrafts Include: Beaded Leaves, Reformation Celebration, Corn Husk Dolls, String Art
- Each unit also includes: Family-style liturgical prayer, virtue memory statement, scripture recitation, TWO levels of memory statements for nature topics and history topics, a six-day schedule, bonus book list, acts of kindness, audiobook or audiodrama suggestions, and poetry
- October and November Calendars
- Nature-Inspired Scavenger Hunts (3 separate sheets, with and without words)
- Counting Skills
- Beginning Letter Sounds
- Matching Games
- Fine Motor Skills (several lacing cards)
- Copywork (print only)
- and More!
Book List, Supplies, Sample
Click here to download the current sample that includes the book list and supply list. The handicraft supply list will be completed and available as soon as possible.